ncflyer2

Software/Firmware fails to install. Can't use 650 Pro

Title says it all. I have attempted to update my software and firmware on the tablet and it has failed. After attempting the Firmware update the Mark seven software loads normally until it gets to the disclaimer (warning page) and I am unable to go any further. 

I have attempted all suggestions, installation instructions and guidelines in the support documentation on this website. Nothing has worked.

I created a support ticket that was answered by a Mark Seven Tech employee via telephone. He suggested using compressed air to gently blow out the SD card port and making sure to correctly insert the SD card. I did all that and for good measure, re-formatted the SD card and re-downloaded the software/firmware files. I have made double sure the correct files are on the SD card. Again, nothing has worked.

I attempted to reach tech support by telephone again but was not successful because they were unavailable. As a result, I created another support ticket over a week ago but I have not heard from tech support via email or telephone. I have asked in the last support request if I need to replace the tablet but I haven't even received an answer regarding that issue. 

Right now, I'm dead in the water and have been so for over three weeks. Mark Seven support is MIA. I really need to get this press running again. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Edited by ncflyer2
misspelling

I’ve had this same problem, make sure the console power is turned on. If the power to the console is turned off the tablet won’t be able to communicate to the console and it won’t go past the warning page.

No problem. Another potential problem could be the cable that goes from the tablet to the console. They are on the delicate side, it could look ok but still be damaged. The cable is a micro-B usb male to micro-B usb male,  if you have (or can get) a USB 2.0 to micro-B usb adaptor you can use a regular android cell phone charging/data sync cable in a pinch.

• Like 1

I purchased new usb cables from M7, still no success. I have sent a third request for tech support to M7. Hopefully, they will give me a call. My press has been down for over a month.

I purchased new usb cables from M7, still no success. I have sent a third request for tech support to M7. Hopefully, they will give me a call. My press has been down for over a month.

For those that may be wondering, this problem was eventually resolved by buying a new tablet. According to Mark Seven techs, the bottom half of the tablet ceased to accept any touch inputs which is why the software/firmware couldn't be updated and I couldn't move beyond the disclaimer screen.

I greatly appreciate Mark Seven's help in getting me back up and running.

I am, however, dismayed that the original tablet failed with so little use after only three years in a climate controlled environment. Hopefully the new tablet with be of a better build quality.

I've had a couple of the Samsung devices I own do this. One was a phone, and the other a tablet. Super irritating.  One was barely more than a year old, and fortunately Verizon replaced it at a very discounted price, since it happened immediately after a firmware update. The tablet was a refurb, and lasted about a month before it did the same thing. Ended up paying Samsung to fix it.